We are committed to protecting the privacy of our patients’ personal information and to utilizing all personal information in a responsible and professional manner. This document summarizes some of the personal information that we collect, use and disclose. In addition to the circumstances described in this form, we also collect, use and disclose personal information when permitted or required by law.
We collect information from our patients such as names, home address, work address, home telephone numbers, work telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses (collectively referred to as "Contact Information"). Contact Information is collected and used for the following purposes:
* To open and update patient files.
* To invoice patients for dental services, to process credit card payments, or to collect unpaid accounts.
* To process claims for payment or reimbursement from third-party health benefit providers and insurance companies.
* To send reminders to patients concerning the need for further dental examination or treatment.
* To send patients informational material about our dental practice or information relating to dental health.
Contact Information is disclosed to third-party health benefit providers and insurance companies where the patient has submitted a claim for reimbursement or payment of all or part of the cost of dental treatment, or has asked us to submit a claim on the patient’s behalf. Financial information may be collected in order to make arrangements for the payment of dental services.
We collect information from our patients about their health history, their family health history, physical condition, and dental treatments (collectively referred to as "Medical Information"). Patients’ Medical Information is collected and used for the purpose of diagnosing dental conditions and providing dental treatment.
* To third-party health benefit providers and insurance companies where the patient has submitted a claim for reimbursement or payment of all or part of the cost of dental treatment, or has asked us to submit a claim on the patient’s behalf.
* To other dentists and dental specialists, where we are seeking a second opinion and the patient has consented to us obtaining the second opinion.
* To other dentists and dental specialists if the patient, with their consent, has been referred by us to the other dentist or dental specialist for treatment.
* To other dentists and dental specialists where those dentists have asked us, with the consent of the patient, to provide a second opinion.
* To other health care professionals such as a physician if the patient, with their consent, has been referred by us to the other health care professional for either a second opinion or treatment.
If we are ever considering selling all or part of our dental practice, qualified potential purchasers may be granted access, as part of the due diligence process, to patient information in order to verify information important to the potential sale. If this occurs, we will take steps to ensure that the prospective purchaser safeguards all personal information. Dentists are regulated by the Alberta Dental Association and College, which may inspect our records and interview our staff as part of its regulatory activities in the public interest.
I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information as
set out above.
____________ _____________________ ______________________
Date Print Name Signature
R.E.LEIGH Professional Corp. ®
Our records containing your personal information are stored in a secure place. Our electronic records are stored on hardware that is secure. Passwords are used on all of our computers. We take care to protect screen monitors from public viewing in the office. Paper records are transferred outside our office in sealed envelopes by secure methods and with reputable carriers. Telephone discussions with patients in the office are carried on with sensitivity to protecting personal information. Electronic information is transferred in secure files, and sent anonymously wherever possible. We do not share your personal information outside our office for any marketing, promotional, publicity, educational or research purposes without your consent.
Our staff is trained to handle your information only through the protective measures outlined in our privacy procedures. If we hire consultants or contractors who might have access to any of your personal information, we will take steps to ensure that the consultant or contractor takes steps to protect the privacy of your personal information.
We are required by legislation and regulation to keep records containing personal information for specified periods of time. We keep your records for a maximum of 11 years from your last service (as recently mandated by the ADA+C), even if you move from our office. We destroy personal information in paper records by shredding it. We destroy electronic personal information by deleting it. When discarding hardware, we make sure the hard drive is destroyed.
We have also recently implemented a program to provide all our Dental Implant patients with a complete Implant component parts list for their Dental Implant treatment. This list contains the implant manufacturer, implant type with serial numbers, size, and all the prosthetic parts code numbers. Since Dental Implants could potentially last a patient's lifetime, it is important that the patient maintain this information for the future. This will protect the patient after the 11 year period for maintaining records.
www.leighsmilecenter.com provides links to other sites only to provide patients with more information about Dental Implants. Other Internet sites and services have separate privacy and data collection practices. Once you leave WWW.LEIGHSMILECENTER.COM, the Leigh Smile Center cannot control, and has no responsibility for, the privacy policies or data collection activities at another site.
Children's Privacy Protection:
The Leigh Smile Center is sensitive to the heightened need to protect the privacy of children under the age of 13. The vast majority of the material on our web site is not intended for children and is not targeted to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect data from children and, if we learn that we have received personal data from a child, we will remove this information from our database.
LEIGH SMILE CENTER
9911 - 107 STREET
Credit Card Security:
Our Server uses SSL security, however, we do not process credit card transactions over the Internet.
Copyright 2016. R.E.Leigh Professional Corp. All Rights Reserved.